About Me

Fribourg, Switzerland
This blog presents our findings of our project work on Rock History. We have been researching on different topics. The entries represent the variety of our interests as well as musical taste... so enjoy...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Need You Now by Lady Antebellum

by Anja

Need You Now is the title of a country song performed by the American country music group, Lady Antebellum. The song is the lead-off single and title track of their second studio album Need You Now (released 2010).
The female lead singer Hilary Scott commented on the song saying, "All three of us know what it's like to get to that point where you feel lonely enough that you make a late night phone call that you very well could regret next day."
The song spent 5 weeks at No.1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts.




The song is about  a woman who felt alone enough that she thinks about calling her last love in the middle of the night because of all the memories which are coming back again. She believes that she needs him now and can't do without him. But she fights against herself because she said, "She wouldn't call but can't fight it anymore and she wishes that he comes back." She is asking herself if she ever crosses his mind because for her it happens all the time.
She also says that she would rather hurt then feeling nothing at all.

Time in the song
The song takes place at a quarter past one a.m. There are short flashbacks about their love story.

Video



Lyrics

Picture perfect memories,
Scattered all around the floor.
Reaching for the phone cause, I cant fight it anymore.
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind.
For me it happens all the time.

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now.
Said I wouldn't call, but I lost all control and I need you now.
And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now.

Another shot of whiskey, cant stop looking at the door.
Wishing you'd come sweeping in the way you did before.
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind.
For me it happens all the time.

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk,
And I need you now.
Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now.
And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now.
Yes I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all.

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now.
And I said I wouldnt call but Im a little drunk and I need you now.
And I dont know how I can do without, I just need you now.

I just need you now.
Oh baby I need you now.

Official Website of Lady Antebellum
http://ladyantebellum.com/

1 comment: